Well, I know February is behind us, but I could not resist to share some love here. Just an extra if you need to tell someone you love them any time of year…
First, I am thinking about sweet statement to express your love. A cute word you find in Valentine cards such as You are amazing, I am nuts about you, It always you or You melt my butter, etc. Browsing through some inspiration, it leads to a classic idiom, ‘You just my cup of tea’ and I decide to visualise it. Let’s fill some love in a bag of tea!
The early stage, create a nice typography for a cover and print on a fancy paper.
Basically, there are three steps to create the entire package of tea; tea tag, tea bag and tea box. Then we need:
Tea tag: scrap paper (with pattern you like)
Tea bag: vellum or tracing paper, tea actual tea bag
Tea box : cardboard to make a box
Tools: glue, scissors, cutter, metal ruler
1. The key is making a resemble of actual tea. Instead of having a normal tag, I assemble a heart-shaped adorable tag. Cut out a heart shaped tag and glue at the end of the string at one side.
2. Close the back with another scrap paper ( a pattern face out) and follow the front shape to cut. This ensure to have perfect shape of heart from front and back.
3. I draw a silhouette of a cup of tea as a cover. Then print on a see through paper so you would see the reflection what is inside.
Print the template here.
4. Fold the template using a metal ruler.
5. Glue the side to create a pocket and put the tea bag in.
6. You could have a bit of glue where ‘open my heart’ locate so it closes the pocket.
7. The final part is creating a box. Attach the ‘You just my cup of tea’ printable on the lid of cardboard. And fold it to create a box.
Voila! Work is done. With this gift, for sure they will think about you while brewing and drinking a cup of tea.
All photos taken and edited using VSCO iphone app and the copyright belong to me.